The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 and individual schools are allocated funding for children from low-income families who were eligible for free school meals, looked after children and those from families with parents in the Armed Forces.
If you receive any of the benefits below, please phone 01642 526606 and state that your child should be eligible for Pupil Premium. Even if you are not quite sure, it is worth checking.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of £16,190 or less
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
You can view or download our Pupil Premium allocation and find out how this has been used at our school.
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013-2021 to provide new, substantial primary school sport funding. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
You can view or download our Sports Premium allocation and find out how this has been used at our school.
Catch-up funding is a fund provided by the government to schools. The government announced £1 billion of funding to support children and young people to catch up lost time after school closure. This is especially important for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged backgrounds. Our Catch-Up Premium statement shows how we intend to use this funding and in time, its impact.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.