At Hutton Henry C of E Primary School, we believe that the views and opinions of the children are very important.
We have various ways in which we gain the views of the children.
- Worry Box – We encourage the children to share any worries or concerns they may have in a confidential and sympathetic way, the box is centrally located for ease of access.
- Bright Ideas Box – This gives the children the opportunity to make suggestions or give their views on any aspect of school life, the suggestions are reviewed regularly by the student council and outcomes shared in collective worship time.
- Pupil Voice Questionnaire – We regularly give pupils the opportunity to complete questionnaires about their likes and dislikes of school, and try to act upon the results.
- Student Council – Student Council play a key role in voicing the children’s opinions to staff and the school community.
- Prayer Box – This gives children the opportunity to suggest prayers and reflections which are personal to them. They are reviewed by the RE committee and used, where appropriate, during collective worship.